- 4 apples
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1½ teaspoon cloves
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ cups orange juice
- 1½ cups apple cider
- 2 tbsp sliced ginger
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 cups Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
- Club soda
- 1. In a large stock pot, add apples, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, cloves, sugar, water, orange juice, apple cider (1½ cups), ginger, and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- 2. Bring pot to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20–30 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. Strain through a mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing fruit with a spoon to get all the liquid out. There should be about 3 cups of syrup.
- 4. Stir in 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and then put in the fridge until cooled.
- 5. Pour cooled syrup into a glass pitcher, and then turn a spoon face down touching the syrup and slowly pour the apple cider (3 cups) onto the back of the spoon, layering it on top of the syrup.
- 6. Using the same layering technique, add the rum.
- 7. Garnish with cranberries, cloved apples, and lemons.
- 8. To serve, stir to combine all of the layers, pour to fill half a glass, and finish with club soda. (2 parts punch, 1 part club soda)
Watch the recipe video here:
Fall is here! Grab your crew and enjoy some Captain Cran-Apple Rum Punch.
Posted by Tasty on Friday, December 7, 2018