Instant Pot White Chocolate Raspberry Pots de Creme
Lighter than a pudding, denser than a mousse and always sinfully decadent!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 oz good-quality white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 2 tsp sugar, or to taste
- Add white chocolate, eggs, lemon zest, lemon extract, vanilla and salt to a blender. Pulse until chocolate is broken into bits.
- In a small bowl, heat cream in the microwave in 20 second increments until just steaming (do not boil).
- With the blender running, slowly pour the hot cream into the chocolate mixture. Continue to blend until completely smooth.
- Divide custard evenly amongst 3 ramekins or custard cups.
- Pour 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot and insert the steam rack.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 0 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the ramekins from the pot to a cooling rack. When completely cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine raspberries, 2 tbsp water and sugar in a blender. Blend until smooth, adding additional water as needed. Strain the sauce to remove seeds.
- At least thirty minutes before serving, top each ramekin with 1-2 tbsp of sauce and refrigerate.