Whole Pineapple Upside Cake
Whole Pineapple Upside Cake recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 400ml golden syrup
- 50g butter
- 450g very soft butter
- 450g caster sugar
- 6 medium eggs
- 450g self raising flour
- 15 tbsp milk
- 1 large pineapple
- 6 pineapple rings (from a can is fine)
- 6 glace cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Heat the golden syrup and butter until bubbling. Leave to cool a little.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs a little at the time to the mixture, then fold in the flour. Thin down with the milk to make a spoonable cake batter.
- Line a deep casserole dish on both bottom and sides. Pour half the syrup over the bottom and arrange the pineapple rings on top. Place a cherry in the middle of each ring - cheeky!
- Trim the skin off the pineapple and cut out the middle. Roast for half an hour until fairly soft.
- Spoon a little of the cake batter on top and place the pineapple on top. Add the rest of the batter around the pineapple and spoon over it.
- Bake for around an hour, until a knife comes out clean, then leave to sit for ten minutes before lifting off the casserole. Pour the leftover syrup on top. Tuck in!