Baileys Chocolate Coffee Cake
We know what were making for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cake
- Cooking spray, for pan
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder
- FOR THE CAKE
- ¾ c. (1½ sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1½ c. sugar
- ⅓ c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ c. sour cream
- 1 c. whole milk
- ¼ c. Baileys
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”x13” pan with cooking spray. Make filling: In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, cocoa powder and instant espresso powder. Whisk to combine.
- Make cake batter: In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars and baking powder. Using a hand mixer, beat until smooth. Next, beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add sour cream, whole milk, and Baileys and mix again, until just combined. Gradually beat in flour.
- Pour half the batter into prepared baking dish, sprinkle with filling in an even layer, and top with the rest of the batter.
- Make topping: In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder and a pinch of salt. Whisk to combine. Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Scatter topping over the top of the coffee cake batter in an even layer. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice and serve.