Instant Pot Low Carb Herb and Garlic Chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp prepared dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp herbes de provence
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup cream
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function. When the butter is melted, add garlic to the pot and saute 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the chicken, but reserve the marinade. Brown the chicken on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Meat will not be cooked through.
- Add reserved marinade and ¼ cup water to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Put the chicken back into to the pot, turning once to coat.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream and cornstarch. Stir into the pot until thickened, returning to SAUTE mode as needed.
- Serve chicken topped with sauce.
Watch the recipe video here:
You can’t go wrong with this creamy-good chicken!RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-low-carb-herb-and-garlic-chicken/
Posted by Chop Secrets on Saturday, April 27, 2019