Instant Pot Risotto Bolognese
Restaurant-worthy risotto in less time and with a whole lot less work!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ of an onion, finely diced
- ½ cup carrot, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup risotto rice
- ⅓ cup marsala wine
- 5 cups beef broth, warmed
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 oz cooked sausage crumbles
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley and additional grated parmesan, for garnish
- Add bacon to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function. Cook and stir until bacon is nearly crisp.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the pot and saute until softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook and stir 3 minutes more.
- Add wine and broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add diced tomatoes and their juices, sausage crumbles, tomato paste and bay leaf. Stir to incorporate.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Stir to incorporate remaining liquid, returning to SAUTE mode as needed.
- Stir in parmesan and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped fresh parsley and additional grated parmesan.
Watch the recipe video here:
Restaurant-worthy risotto in less time and with a whole lot less work!RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-risotto-bolognese/