Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 8 Mins Total Time: 13 Mins
- Season salmon: Take salmon out of fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear salmon 3 mins: Heat oil in large non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon, presentation side (ie. curved side) down, and cook for 3 minutes until golden.
- Turn, cook 1 min, then add butter: Turn salmon and cook the other side for 1 minute. THEN put the butter in.
- Baste 1 1/2 minutes: Once butter is melted and foaming, add garlic and immediately start spooning the bubbling butter continuously over the salmon for 1 1/2 minutes. To do this, tilt the pan slightly so the butter pools on one side. Use a large spoon to scoop the butter up and spoon it over the salmon.
- Remove salmon from stove: Check Internal temperature of salmon. It should be 50°C/122°F for medium-rare (optimum juiciness pull temp). Remove salmon to a plate. Rest for 3 minutes – it will rise to 53°C/127°F. (See Note 2 for internal temperatures)
- Add lemon juice to butter: Put pan back on unlit stove to keep butter hot. Add lemon juice.
- Serve: Place salmon on serving plates. Spoon over butter (be judicious, it's rich!), garnish with a sprinkle of parsley. Pictured in the post with Cauliflower Mash and leafy greens with French Vinaigrette.
Watch the recipe video here: