We totally get it if you reach for another serving of these cheesy stuffed shells from The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 8 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 30 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 12 leaves fresh basil, cut into chiffonade
- 1 large egg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Parmesan, grated
- 2 jars good-quality marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- Crusty French bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta shells and cook for half the cooking time on the package; make sure not to overcook. Drain and rinse in cool water. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, Romano, parsley, basil, egg, some salt and pepper and half of the Parmesan. Stir until combined.
- To assemble, coat the bottom of a baking dish with some sauce. Fill each half-cooked shell with the cheese mixture and place face-down on the sauce. Repeat with the shells until the cheese mixture is gone. Top the shells with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle on the mozzarella and extra Parmesan.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 25 minutes. Serve with crusty French bread.