Instant Pot Healthy Chicken & White Bean Soup
This dish is a fabulous fast-food buster!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 cups chicken broth, warmed
- 1¾ lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 15 oz cans white northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis, undrained
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Sour cream and chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the pot and stir to combine, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the pot to a cutting board and shred.
- Use a fork or an immersion blender to break up about half the beans.
- Return chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Serve hot garnished with sour cream and chopped cilantro (optional).