Instant Pot Balsamic Mushroom Risotto
Restaurant-worthy risotto in less time and with a whole lot less work!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 + 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 +1 tbsp butter, divided
- 16 oz crimini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 1 tsp celery seed
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable), warmed
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped italian parsley (optional)
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function and adjust to MORE or HIGH.
- When oil gets hot and butter is melted, add sliced mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes, then drain off any excess liquid.
- Add soy sauce and cook and stir an additional 7 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter to the pot and stir to melt. Add shallots, rice and celery seed to the pot and cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add wine and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add warmed broth and stir. Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 8 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Stir risotto until desired consistency is reached (about 2-3 minutes) returning to SAUTE mode as needed.
- Stir in parmesan cheese until melted. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped Italian parsley.