Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo
This dish is truly a one-pot wonder.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 lb dry fettuccini noodles, broken in half to fit flat in the pot
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- When oil gets hot, brown the chicken on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Meat will not be cooked through. Do not crowd the pot–you may have to work in batches. Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Add butter to the Instant Pot. When butter is melted, add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until it just begins to brown.
- Mix in cream, broth, salt, and nutmeg and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Fan the noodles in the pot (this will help prevent them from sticking in clumps), and ensure all noodles are submerged. Nestle chicken breasts in sauce in an even layer, turning once to coat.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL. Carefully remove the chicken to a cutting board and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Return chicken to the pot, stir in parmesan cheese and serve immediately, garnished with basil.