Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken
It delivers big flavor to otherwise boring chicken breasts.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 cups fresh salsa (24 oz)
- 1 1 oz package taco seasoning
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup water
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- White rice, quinoa, or tortillas (optional)
- Avocado, lime wedges, sour cream, shredded cheese (optional)
- Add Pot Mixture ingredients to the pot and stir to combine.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 12 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the meat from the pot to a cutting board and shred.
- Return the shredded meat to the pot and add cilantro. Stir to combine.
- (Optional) Serve over rice, quinoa or in warmed tortillas. Garnish with lime wedges and cheese.