Fudgy Black Cherry Brownies
Makes 24 squares
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 10 ounces black cherries, fresh or frozen
- 12 ounces REDD'S Black Cherry Ale
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup dark cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325℉/160℃.
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, bring cherries and REDD’S Black Cherry Ale to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25–30 minutes, stirring occasionally until almost all liquid has reduced. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, melt butter in the microwave until fully melted, add sugar and cocoa, then stir to combine. Mixture will be gritty.
- Add the eggs and stir together until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the vanilla and salt.
- Fold in flour gently. When flour is about 75% incorporated, add half of the cherry compote and ¼ cup of chocolate chunks. Stir until just fully mixed and no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into a lined pan and top with remaining cherry compote and chopped chocolate.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes. Brownies are done when the center just barely springs back in the middle.