Instant Pot Pizza Pasta Casserole
Kids will line up for this pizza-flavored dish.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 4 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 14-16 oz cavatappi, rotini, penne or other short pasta
- 14 oz jar pizza sauce
- 2 oz + 1 oz sliced pepperoni, divided
- 4 oz + 4 oz shredded mozzarella, divided
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Cut 2 oz of the pepperoni in quarters. Leave the other 1 oz in whole slices. Set aside.
- Add butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When butter gets hot, add sausage and onion. Cook and stir until no pink remains.
- Add mushrooms (optional) and broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Onto the meat mixture, evenly layer pasta sauce, then pasta, then pizza sauce. Do not stir.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Add the 2oz of quartered pepperoni and 4 oz of cheese and stir to combine.
- Top with remaining cheese and whole pepperoni and close the lid until the cheese is melted and pepperoni heated through. Serve warm.