Instant Pot Zesty Lemon Chicken
This easy lemon chicken recipe is your ticket to an easy weeknight dinner!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1+2 tbsp butter, divided
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary, lightly crushed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Mix paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Coat tops (smooth side) of chicken thighs in seasoning mixture.
- Add olive oil and 1 tbsp butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, brown the chicken on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Meat will not be cooked through. Do not crowd the pot–you may have to work in batches. Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Add onion and remaining 2 tbsp butter to the pot and saute until soft, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and crushed rosemary and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add lemon juice and zest to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Put the chicken back into to the pot in one even layer, seasoned side up.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 7 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Serve chicken topped with fresh parsley and lemon slices.