Instant Pot Texas Beef Brisket
You always get a moist, tender finished product. It’s Tex-licious!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1½ tbsp onion powder
- 1½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- ¾ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4-5 lb beef brisket, fat trimmed to ¼″ or less and cut into two pieces
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine Spice Mixture ingredients and rub over trimmed brisket. Place brisket in a large ziplock bag or other tightly covered container and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour one cup of water in the Instant Pot and insert the steam rack. Stack the brisket pieces on the rack, fat side up.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 75 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the meat from the pot to a foil-covered baking sheet and brush with BBQ sauce.
- Set the brisket under the broiler for 4-5 minutes until caramelized and bubbly.
Watch the recipe video here:
You always get a moist, tender finished product. It’s Tex-licious!RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-texas-beef-brisket/