Caprese Chicken Rollups
It's going up on a Tuesday.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 8-ounce package mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Balsamic Reduction
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a saucepan, heat balsamic vinegar and honey over high heat. Stir until sauce reduces to ⅓ cup. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally.
- Cover chicken with a piece of plastic wrap. Using the rough side of a metal mallet, pound the chicken until ½-inch thick. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- Drizzle olive oil over pieces of chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella on each piece of chicken. Spoon ¼ cup of diced tomatoes on each piece of chicken. Place 3 pieces of basil on each piece of chicken.
- Roll up the chicken, making sure the ingredients are tucked under the breast and not pushed out the sides.
- Place the roll-ups in a greased baking dish. Drizzle each roll-up with more olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160˚F (71˚C).
- Place one slice of mozzarella on each roll-up. Broil for 5 to 10 minutes until the mozzarella has melted over the chicken.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes. Place a basil leaf and slice of tomato on each piece of chicken. Drizzle with balsamic reduction. Enjoy!