Instant Pot Classic Cuban Sandwiches
Yes, that’s two kinds of pig!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), trimmed and cut into 2 pieces
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken (or beef) broth
- Zest and juice of one large orange
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 6 6” cuban rolls (or bolillo or sub roll)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 oz thinly sliced deli ham
- 3 oz thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 18 dill pickle slices
- Season pork pieces with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, brown the meat on 2 sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Meat will not be cooked through. Do not crowd the pot–you may have to work in batches. Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Add garlic to the pot and saute 1-2 minutes more.
- Add broth, juices and zest to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Put the meat back into to the pot, turning once to coat.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the meat from the pot to a cutting board. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and then slice thinly.
- Split rolls lengthwise. Brush mustard on the bottom half and melted butter on top half.
- Top evenly with pork, ham and swiss. Set under the broiler just until the cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
- Top with pickles and press the sandwich closed.
Watch the recipe video here:
Yes, that’s two kinds of pig!RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-classic-cuban-sandwiches/