Extra Cheesy Onion Smash Burger
Melty, cheesy, crispy, juicy...these burgers bring together the best of all worlds! Get grilling with Camp Chef
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 32 ounces ground beef
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 large white onions, shaved very thin
- 16 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 strips of bacon
- 8 medium buns
- Condiments (mustard, ketchup, pickle) if desired
- Form burgers into 4-ounce balls and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn on griddle top to medium-high heat until hot.
- Put bacon on and cook until crispy.
- Drop a tablespoon of butter and press burger on griddle for 10 seconds with a heavy spatula.
- Cover burger with ½ cup of onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip over and cook for an additional 90 seconds.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of and around the edge of the burger and cover with a dome lid. Turn heat off and let cook for 30 seconds or until cheese is crispy around the edges.
- Grill buns for 30 seconds.
- Assemble and enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here:
Extra Cheesy Onion Smash BurgersMelty, cheesy, crispy, juicy…these burgers bring together the best of all worlds! Get grilling with Camp Chef https://bzfd.it/2IKPMCd
Posted by Tasty on Monday, May 21, 2018