Strawberry Cream-Stuffed Pastries
Impress your friends with these pretty strawberry-cream stuffed pastries! 🍓
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 cups (300 g) strawberry, stemmed, quartered
- 16 oz (455 g) cream cheese
- ½ cup (70 g) powdered sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 11 oz (310 g) puff pastry, 1 packages, thawed
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, for dusting
- chocolate syrup, for serving
- In a food processor or blender, puree the strawberries until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry puree through a sieve into a medium bowl to remove any seeds and clumps. Chill for 15 minutes, until the puree is cold.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese and ½ cup (80 g) of powdered sugar together with an electric hand mixer. Mix in the milk and strawberry puree. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the beaten egg and water together. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Roll a foot-long (30 cm) piece of aluminum foil into a tube. Repeat with 3 more pieces of foil to make 4 tubes total.
- On a cutting board, roll the puff pastry out to 13 inches (33 cm) by 13 inches (33 cm). Slice the puff pastry lengthwise into 1½ inch-wide (4 cm) strips.
- Wrap 2 of the strips around a foil tube, brushing the edges with egg wash and gently pressing together to adhere. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips and foil tubes.
- Balance the ends of the foil tubes over the edges of a roasting pan or baking sheet so the pastry isn’t touching the surface of the pan. Brush egg wash all over the pastry spirals.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the pastry tubes rest at room temperature for 5 minutes. Gently remove the foil tubes. Transfer the pastry tubes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 5 more minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Fill a piping bag or zip-top bag fitted with a round tip with the cream cheese mixture. Pipe the cream cheese filling into the pastry tubes.
- Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with chocolate syrup.