Ham And Cheese Breakfast Pockets
Homemade breakfast pockets that are simple and delicious! 🍳🥓
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 slices ham, cut into 2-in (5-cm) circles
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, cut into 2 in (5-cm) circles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- fresh chives, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lay out the bread on a work surface and use a glass or a rolling pin to flatten.
- Place a circle of ham in the middle of 4 slices of bread. Top with one circle of cheddar and another slice of ham.
- Place the remaining slices of bread on top and, using the lid of a mason jar or a cookie cutter, press down to create 4 pockets. Make sure the seams are closed, pinching to seal if necessary. Reserve the bread with the circle cut-outs.
- Place the pockets on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and garlic. Brush the pockets with garlic butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toasted.
- Place the reserved bread on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining garlic butter.
- Crack 1 egg into each circle, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until the yolk is cooked to your preference.
- Serve the egg bread with the ham and cheese pockets and sprinkle with chives.