Hashbrown Egg in a Hole
Newsflash! Breakfast just got a hole lot more interesting!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 cups shredded potatoes
- 5 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon large flake salt
- Wrap shredded potatoes in cheesecloth and wring out until dry, approximately 2 minutes. Place in a large bowl and add one egg, salt, pepper, garlic and onion.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and add oil. Place ½ cup of the shredded potato mixture in an even layer and cook for approximately 2 minutes until golden. Flip and use a 2-inch round cookie cutter to remove the center of the patty. Drop a single egg in the patty and cook until whites are set. Remove patty from pan and repeat until all potatoes are used. Top with chives and large flake salt.
Watch the recipe video here:
BREAKING NEWS: Breakfast just got a hole lot more interesting.Taste for Yourself: taste.md/2yjhthnTry Tastemade TV for a week: https://taste.md/2JRnYNS
Posted by Tastemade on Wednesday, June 20, 2018