- 2 pounds hamburger
- 1 pound hot breakfast sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- One 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- One 6-ounce can tomato paste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 pound mozzarella
- 10 to 12 fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the hamburger, sausage and garlic until brown. Drain off the excess fat. Add the tomatoes with their juice, tomato paste, ½ teaspoon salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Stir together well. Simmer over low heat, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the olive oil and a dash of salt. Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions until al dente. Drain the noodles and lay them flat on a piece of aluminium foil to keep their shape.
Watch the recipe video here:
How To Make Ree's Hearty Lasagna
Recipe of the Day: The Pioneer Woman – Ree Drummond's Hearty LasagnaSave this recipe: http://bit.ly/2EtWXZC.
Posted by Food Network on Tuesday, January 16, 2018