Cheesy Potato Pancakes
Cheesy Potato Pancakes recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 lb yukon gold potato, peeled (907 g)
- ½ yellow onion
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated (55 g)
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese, grated (55 g)
- ⅓ cup breadcrumb meal (30 g)
- ¼ cup olive oil, for frying (78 mL)
- 1 sour cream, to serve
- 1 green onion, chopped, to serve
- Using a box grater, shred the potatoes into a towel in a bowl and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Set aside and grate the onion.
- Add the grated potatoes and grated onion onion to a large bowl. Add in the eggs, garlic, cornstarch, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese, monterey jack, and breadcrumbs and mix until combined.
- Take ½ cup of the potato mixture and form into a thin patty, about ⅓-inch thick.
- Heat cooking oil over medium-high heat and place potato patty into the skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy on the outside. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Serve with sour cream and green onions on top, and enjoy!