Turkey Burger Patty Melts
Recipe of the Day: Guy Fieri's 5-Star Turkey Burger Patty Melts 🔥
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cups Panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup butter, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 8 pieces rye bread
- 8 pieces Gruyere
- In a large bowl, add the panko, milk, egg, sage, thyme and salt and pepper. Combine and let sit for a few minutes. Add in the turkey and combine well. Form into oblong patties (same size as the rye bread) Place on a parchment paper lined sheet pan and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- While burgers are resting, in a large saute pan, heat ¼ cup of the butter and 1 Tablespoon canola oil. Add onions and saute 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely caramelized. Set aside, but keep warm.
- In the same pan as the onions sauteed, add 3 tablespoons canola oil and the mushrooms and saute 6-8 minutes over medium high heat until softened. Set aside, but keep warm.
- Heat a griddle or cast iron skillet to medium high heat, add 1 Tablespoon canola oil and spread evenly. Add in the turkey burgers and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- Butter the rye bread and add to the pan, place the gruyere on bread, then place the turkey burgers on the cheese, pile with onions and the other piece of rye, repeat for all four burgers. After 2 to 3 minutes, turn sandwich over carefully and brown on other side. Remove to cutting board and cut on the diagonal. Serve with mustard and hot cherry peppers.
Watch the recipe video here:
Recipe of the Day: Guy Fieri's 5-Star Turkey Burger Patty Melts 🔥 Save this recipe: http://bit.ly/2Ky29Pm.
Posted by Food Network on Saturday, June 30, 2018