Bacon-wrapped Jalapeño Popper Dogs
Spice up your day with these bacon-wrapped jalapeño popper hotdogs! 🌭
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 large jalapeñoes
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 beef hot dogs
- 8 strips bacon
- 4 hot dog buns
- Combine filling ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the ends off the jalapeños, slice in half, and remove the seeds and white flesh from the interior.
- Butterfly the hot dogs.
- Stuff them with a few spoonfuls of the filling.
- Place one jalapeño half over each end of the hot dog, fitting the dogs snugly inside.
- Use two strips of bacon to wrap each jalapeño dog. Secure the bacon at each end with a toothpick.
- Grill the dogs over medium indirect heat until the bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes, turning halfway through. If you don’t have a grill, you can bake them in the oven at 400°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve in buns with your desired toppings.