- 1 lb russet potato, cut (455 g)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk (235 mL)
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced (35 g)
- ½ cup bacon, cooked and chopped (110 g)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Thinly slice the potatoes with a knife or mandoline.
- Put the sliced potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, and Parmesan and use your hands or a spoon to evenly coat the potato slices.
- Lay the potato slices in a pie dish starting from the middle and working your way out, overlapping the potato slices. Line the edge of the pie dish with overlapping potato slices. Fill in any gaps with leftover potato slices.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just cooked and not yet brown.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, tomato, green onions, bacon, cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, and garlic powder.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture over the potatoes, if the potatoes begin to lift up, stop and press them down with a spoon.
- Bake the quiche for 30 minutes or until the eggs are set and the potatoes are brown.
- Slice and serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
This potato-crusted quiche is the ultimate breakfast ?!FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/potato-crusted-quicheShop our FAVORITE potato peeler here: http://bit.ly/2zAloST(Just so you know, we'll make some money if you use this link.)
Posted by Tasty on Tuesday, October 24, 2017