Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs
Don't let the size fool you--these two-bite burger bombs are packed with flavor!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original or Buttermilk biscuits
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked or 16 frozen (thawed) cooked meatballs
- 1 block (8 oz) Cheddar cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 16 slices bacon
- Long toothpicks or skewers
- Canola oil for frying
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with sides with foil. Line 2 additional cookie sheets with foil. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half; press with hands into circle about 3 inches in diameter.
- In center of each biscuit round, place 2 tablespoons cooked ground beef (or 1 meatball) and 1 cube of cheese. Wrap dough to completely enclose beef and cheese; pinch seams to seal.
- Place bacon on foil-lined cookie sheet with sides. Bake about 8 minutes to partially cook bacon. Wrap each stuffed “bomb” with 1 slice partially cooked bacon slice. Place bacon wrapped dough 2-inches apart on two foil-lined cookie sheets with dough seam side down. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard, if desired.