Spicy Fried Fish Tacos
Get a taste of Virginia Beach with this Spicy Fried Fish Taco recipe, paired with Pleasure House Brewing’s Rudee Inlet IPA
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1½ pounds flounder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1.Cut fish into 1-inch cubes. Soak the fish in the milk in a bowl.
- 2.In a bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, salt, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, and cayenne. Drain fish from the milk. Toss fish in cornmeal mixture until evenly coated.
- 3.Heat oil in a cast iron pan. When oil has reached 350ºF/180°C, fry the fish cubes until golden brown all over, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain fish on paper towels.
- 4.Coleslaw: Whisk together mayo, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, onion powder, and celery seeds. Mix dressing with the cabbage and carrots until completely coated.
- To assemble: Place a few pieces of fish on a tortilla. Top with coleslaw and jalapeños. Serve with lemon wedges.
Watch the recipe video here:
Spicy Fried Fish TacosGet a taste of Virginia Beach with this Spicy Fried Fish Taco recipe, paired with Pleasure House Brewing's Rudee Inlet IPA
Posted by Tasty on Monday, October 30, 2017