This Bean Soup comes to you from El Bulli restaurant, famed in its time for topping the World’s 50 Best Restaurant list, year after year. But fear not! This is not a complex Michelin star dish. It’s a simple bean soup from the El Bulli staff cookbook, “The Family Meal”.
This thick and cheesy chowder with potatoes, corn, cauliflower, and bacon is perfect for cold and cozy winter nights.
This is a fabulous “throw it all in the slow cooker” soup. There’s no need to cook the onion separately – it “sautés” itself in the fat from the ham that rises to the surface. Thick, hearty soup broth infused with incredible flavour from the ham! Use leftover ham bone, or purchase a ham hock.
This Detox Turmeric Lentil Soup is a simple, healthy and hearty meal that’s great for digestion and the liver. Easy to make, packed with protein and delicious!
This thick and creamy broccoli, cheese and potato soup is lick-the-bowl good! Pure comfort in a bowl, a one-pot meal your whole family will love and ready in under 30 minutes.
Spinach Tortellini en Brodo (in broth) is an Italian soup made with spinach and cheese tortellini and vegetables in a light broth.
This is really a delicacy. I love it!
Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe.
- 1 lb ground chicken (455 g)
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs (25 g)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup white onion (150 g), diced
- ½ cup carrot (60 g), diced
- ½ cup celery (110 g), diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock (2 L)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta (145 g)
- 4 cups swiss chard (400 g), roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, Parmesan, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well, then form into 1-inch (2 cm) meatballs. You should have 16-18 total.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Sear the meatballs on all sides until golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bay leaf. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the orzo and meatballs. Cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until the orzo is tender.
- Add the Swiss chard, cover, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the chard has wilted.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 6 pieces
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup Buffalo-style hot sauce
- 1 1 oz package ranch seasoning mix
- 4 tbsp butter, cut into 4-6 pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- Additional Buffalo hot sauce for garnish
- Add chicken pieces, water and Buffalo sauce to the pot and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle ranch dip over the top, then dot with butter–do not stir.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the pot to a cutting board and shred thoroughly (a hand mixer works great for this job).
- Return chicken to pot along with softened cream cheese and shredded cheeses. Stir until well blended, returning to SAUTE mode as needed.
- Serve hot garnished with a swirl of additional hot sauce alongside chips, sliced baguette or veggies.