Instant Pot Corndog Minis
I love that these bite-size corn dog minis aren’t fried, and are totally delicious.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 8.5 oz box cornbread mix, prepared
- 2-3 hot dog weiners, cut into 1.5” lengths
- (optional) 7 popsicle sticks, cut in half with any jagged edges removed
- 1 cup water
- Ketchup, mustard or other condiments for serving
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions.
- Coat the inside of a silicone egg bite mold with nonstick spray (we love this one: https://amzn.to/2Q2dnyq).
- (Optional) Insert a halved popsicle stick into the cut end of each hot dog segment.
- Place a hot dog segment in each egg bite mold.
- Divide cornbread batter amongst the egg bite molds. Tap the mold on the counter to settle the batter and remove any air pockets.
- Pour one cup of water in the Instant Pot and insert the steam rack. Carefully lower the egg bite mold on to the steam rack.
- Cover loosely with foil, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Unmold the corn dog bites and serve with ketchup, mustard or other condiments of your choice.
Watch the recipe video here:
I love that these bite-size corn dog minis aren’t fried, and are totally delicious.RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-corndog-minis/
Posted by Chop Secrets on Wednesday, June 19, 2019