Buddy The Elf Cookie Bars
Buddy The Elf Cookie Bars recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 (16 oz.) bag marshmallows
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1 (16 oz.) bag fried chow mein noodles
- 1 cup marshmallow bits, not mini marshmallows
- ⅓ cup hard-shell forming chocolate fudge sauce
- Rainbow sprinkles, as needed
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, optional
- 6 oz. white chocolate chips, optional
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking sheet with non-stick spray, or line with parchment paper.
- Place chow mein noodles in a large bowl.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook until just browned, then stir in marshmallows.
- Use a rubber spatula and stir until melted and smooth, then pour mixture over chow mein noodles.
- Optional (to make more gooey): heat ¼ cup butter and white chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until melted and smooth. Stir into chow mein mixture.
- Transfer noodle mixture to greased or lined baking dish and press into an even layer.
- Top with a drizzle of chocolate fudge, rainbow sprinkles and marshmallow bits.
- Let set until firm, then slice into squares.