Instant Pot Blackberry Cobbler
This tasty, easy recipe uses only five ingredients.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 12 oz fresh blackberries, patted dry
- 7 oz yellow cake mix (about half the package)
- ¼ cup butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- Coat the inside of a 1.5 qt casserole (these fit perfectly: https://amzn.to/2DtfXM4) with non-stick spray. Place blackberries in the dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, butter, lemon zest, and nutmeg. Use a pastry knife to cut the butter into the other ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread the crumb mixture over the blackberries in an even layer. Cover the dish loosely with foil – do not seal.
- Pour one cup of water in the Instant Pot and insert the steam rack. Carefully lower the baking dish on to the steam rack.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the dish and set it under the broiler, uncovered, until golden, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.