Mashed Potato Pie
Mashed Potato Pie recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 60 butter crackers
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups sour cream, divided
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 11 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place butter crackers in a food processor and blend until they are a fine, sandy texture. Transfer to a small mixing bowl.
- Add egg and melted butter to the crumbled crackers. Stir until crumbs become a clumpy, wet sand texture. Place the cracker mixture in the base of a 9-inch (22-inch) pie dish to create the crust. Use a measuring cup to smooth the surface.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Mash russet potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Once thoroughly mashed, add butter, ¼ cup(60 gram) sour cream, milk, salt and pepper and mix together with large spoon or spatula.
- Spread half of the mashed potatoes over the cooled cracker crust, about ¼-inch in thickness.
- Cover mashed potatoes with a layer of cheddar cheese, making sure to save some for the top.
- Spread the other half of mashed potatoes over the cheese layer. Sprinkle bacon bits and remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and green onions.