Cookie Monster Brownies Are So Cute and Ready for Your Next Themed Party
Cookie Monster is all the rage this year, and these Cookie Monster Brownies are the perfect addition for a themed party, Halloween, or really, any old day when you're craving a novelty treat to take care of that sweet tooth.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
For the brownies:
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1 box brownie mix + ingredients required on the box
- 8 ounces refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
For the frosting:
- ½ cup salted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Blue food coloring
For the chocolate layer:
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Mini chocolate chip cookies, for garnish
- Mini Oreo cookies, for garnish
- Candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and nonstick spray.
- To make the brownie layer, spread Oreo cookies in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Prepare brownie mix according to box instructions in a large mixing bowl, then pour the batter evenly over the Oreo cookies.
- Break the cookie dough off into pieces and press randomly into the brownie mix.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with chocolatey crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat together the butter, cream, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the powdered sugar in slowly, then beat another couple of minutes until well-combined. Fold in the crushed Oreos, then add the blue food coloring until frosting reaches your desired shade of blue. Spread the frosting evenly on top of the cooled brownie layer.
- To make the chocolate layer, microwave together the chocolate chips and heavy cream on 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Add in the light corn syrup and allow to cool and thicken.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the frosting layer, then press mini chocolate chip and Oreo cookies, then place 2 candy eyeballs in random spots on top.
- Slice into bars and serve. Enjoy!