Instant Pot Keto Clam Chowder
This keto-approved chowder is rich and indulgent. The broth is creamy, yet light, and has a slight brininess.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 medium-size white onion, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in 1-1½- in. pieces
- 1½ cup water
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 16 ounces canned clams, including juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Set instant pot to the “sauté” setting, and add bacon. Cook, stirring often, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain; leave drippings in pot.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and butter to bacon drippings; cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, water, and clam juice to instant pot, and cover. Turn steam valve to the “sealing” position, and press cancel. Set instant pot to high pressure for 5 minutes; seal. After pressure cooking has ended, press cancel, and carefully release the pressure.
- Add heavy cream, and blend with an immersion blender until partially blended but still chunky. Stir in clams. Press “sauté” on instant pot, and bring mixture to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat, and stir in parsley. Sprinkle each serving with bacon.
Watch the recipe video here:
Creamy, rich, indulgent—and still #Keto-approved. GET THE RECIPE: https://trib.al/KFMPAEP (via Well Done)
Posted by MyRecipes on Thursday, May 30, 2019