Reese's Pieces Espresso Poke Cake Is The Perfect Pick-Me-Up
I couldn't wait any longer for Reese's to make a coffee flavor for one of their delicious treats! So I sprang into action with one of the easiest desserts ever......Poke cake!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix, plus ingredients required on the box
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 box chocolate fudge instant pudding
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 12 Reese's peanut butter cups, quartered
- Additional instant espresso powder, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the cake mix according to box directions, stirring in 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder until well-combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top.
- Working quickly, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, peanut butter, and instant pudding until just-combined. Pour pudding mixture evenly over the cake, smoothing it into all the holes. Chill the cake for 4 hours.
- Microwave 2 cups chocolate chips, heavy cream, and 1 tablespoon of instant espresso powder on 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth and well-combined, about 1 minute total. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over the cake, then chill once more until set.
- Top with Cool Whip, Mini Reese's Pieces and lightly dust with instant espresso powder.