French Toast Honey Toast
This honey toast french toast is ridiculous! 🤤
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- brioche bread, or 1 unsliced load of sandwich bread
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup (120 mL) heavy cream
- ¼ cup (85 g) honey, plus more for serving
- 1 cup (30 g) cinnamon crunch cereal
- 2 cups (120 g) whipped cream
- fresh blueberry, for serving
- fresh blackberry, for serving
- fresh strawberry , sliced, for serving
- fresh raspberry, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the loaf of bread in half crosswise. Flip one of the halves cut side up, and cut out the middle of the loaf, leaving about a ¼-inch (6 mm) border around the edge. From the outside of the loaf, about ½ -1 inch (1-2 cm) up from the bottom of one of the 4 sides, make a cut straight through to remove the center of the loaf.
- Cut the center of the loaf in half and slice into approximately 1x3-inch (2x7-cm) cm sticks . Repeat with the second half of the loaf.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the cinnamon, cream, and honey.
- Place the hollowed-out loaf on the prepared baking sheet and brush all over with the egg mixture.
- In a medium bowl, crush the cinnamon crunch cereal into coarse crumbs.
- Dip the sliced toast sticks in the egg mixture, then dredge in the crushed cereal. Add to the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- To assemble, filling the toasted, hollowed loaves with French toast sticks and berries. Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of honey.