Tropical Rainbow Sherbet
Remember rainbow sherbet? This tropical rainbow sherbet will take you back to your childhood ?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups (470 mL) heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz (400 mL) condensed milk, 1 can
- 1 cup (125 g) raspberry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (330 g) mango, diced
- 1 cup (225 g) crushed pineapple, strained
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Whisk in condensed milk. Evenly divide the cream base into 3 separate bowls.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, add raspberries and water. Cook until berries have burst, about 3-5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Place a mesh sieve over one the bowls of cream. Add the raspberries and using a spatula to press on the mixture so that the seeds are caught in the strainer.
- Using a blender, puree mango until smooth. Add mango puree to the second bowl of cream.
- Add pineapple to the third bowl of cream.
- Mix each flavor until uniform in color.
- Alternating each flavor, layer the 3 flavors into a freezer-safe loaf pan. Once all flavors are added, use a butter knife to gently swirl the sherbet. Be careful not to over stir, making more than 5 passes with your knife.
- Freeze until solid, about 3-4 hours.