Lemon Butter Cookies
They taste like sunshine.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 10 drops yellow food coloring
- ¾ c. powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, and food coloring. Beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into 2" balls, then roll in powdered sugar. Let sit 2 minutes until sugar is absorbed, then reroll in powdered sugar (do not shake off excess). Place about 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheet and bake until cookies crackle and are set but still slightly soft in the center, 17 to 19 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Watch the recipe video here:
These Lemon Butter Cookies are INSANELY gooey. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/Ccck7Eh
Posted by Delish on Thursday, April 5, 2018