Homemade Snickers Bars
With our homemade chocolate, caramel, and peanut-buttery candy bar, never be hangry again.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2½ cups chocolate chips, divided
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1½ cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 1½ cups roasted salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, melt 2½ cups chocolate chips and ½ cup peanut butter in a double boiler. Stir until smooth, and pour half over the parchment-lined pan. Refrigerate until set and hard, at least one hour.
- In large bowl, melt ¼ cup butter, ½ cup sugar and evaporated milk over a double boiler. Stir in fluff, ¼ cup peanut butter, peanuts and vanilla. Pour over set chocolate base, and refrigerate until set.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and cold water. Cook on medium-high heat without stirring until the sugar has become golden, approximately 8 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully stir in heavy cream, being cautious of splattering sugar. Stir in remaining butter and salt. Pour the caramel over nougat layer, and set aside.
- Pour remaining melted chocolate and peanut butter over the caramel layer. Refrigerate until set and hard, at least one hour. (Bars are cut most easily when they are cold.) Remove from pan and divide equally. Bars will keep up to a week in the fridge covered.
Watch the recipe video here:
You'll never be hangry again with homemade Snickers.Save this recipe: taste.md/2y4nedVMore recipes on our app ￼?: taste.md/2xiBe6B
Posted by Tastemade on Monday, September 18, 2017