Cheesecake-Stuffed Banana Bread
Banana bread and cream cheese frosting are a winning combination. The cream cheese filling is swirled into the batter just before baking for easy assembly. You get a balanced combination of cream cheese and banana bread in every bite.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- Nonstick cooking spray, for spraying the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- For the banana bread: Position an oven rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F. Generously spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and dust with flour.
- For the cheesecake swirl: Combine the cream cheese, granulated sugar, sour cream and egg in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until well combined; set aside.
- For the banana bread: Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Mash the granulated sugar and bananas in a large bowl to a paste. Whisk in the oil, vanilla and egg. Whisk in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Reserve ¾ cup of the bread batter. Spread the remaining batter in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the batter and put the reserved ¾ cup batter in a line down the center of the pan. Insert the tip of a paring knife into the batter and drag it through and up to swirl 5 to 6 times.
- Bake until the top is cracked and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then carefully invert onto a platter or cake stand and then flip upright. Cool completely, at least 1½ hours. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
No matter the question, Cheesecake-Stuffed Banana Bread is the answer.The recipe: https://foodtv.com/2Tk0MZc