Homemade Wonton Soup
This is a recipe I have perfected on my own through the years. I am one who never measures, so take the measurements as a guide, not as law. This recipe is one that my family members beg me to make all the time! Enjoy!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into ½-inch pieces, divided
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 16 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (optional)
- 1 medium head bok choy, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 16 snow peas1 dash soy sauce, or to taste (optional)
- 1 dash sesame oil, to taste (optional)
- Dice the green onions, and set aside all but 1 tablespoon. Slice the mushrooms, and set aside all but 1 tablespoon. Finely chop the 1 tablespoon of green onions and 1 tablespoon of sliced mushrooms, and place in a bowl with the ground pork, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, egg, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Stir to thoroughly mix the pork filling.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the pork filling onto the center of each wonton wrapper. Use your finger or a pastry brush to lightly moisten the edges of the wonton wrappers with water. Fold one corner of the wrapper over the filling onto the opposite corner to form a triangle. Press the edges together to seal. Moisten the two long ends of the triangle, fold them together, and press them firmly to seal.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Drop the wontons, one by one, into the broth, and let them cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until they float to the surface. Reduce heat to a simmer, and gently stir in the shrimp, bok choy, and reserved sliced mushrooms. Let the soup simmer 2 more minutes, until the shrimp turn pink, and then drop in the snow pea pods. Garnish with the remaining green onions and a dash of soy sauce and sesame oil, and serve immediately.
Watch the recipe video here:
Homemade Wonton Soup: https://trib.al/mEhz9vn
Posted by Allrecipes on Monday, May 27, 2019