Instant Pot Chocolate Pots de Creme
Lighter than a pudding, denser than a mousse and always sinfully decadent!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- Whipped cream and additional grated chocolate or cinnamon for serving (optional)
- Combine cream and chopped chocolates. Heat gently on the stove or in the microwave, whisking until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Do not boil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and salt. Slowly whisk in chocolate cream mixture until well blended.
- Divide custard evenly amongst 3 ramekins or custard cups.
- Pour 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot and insert the steam rack.
- Arrange 3 ramekins on the steam rack, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the ramekins from the pot to a cooling rack. When completely cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and additional grated chocolate or cinnamon.
Watch the recipe video here:
Lighter than a pudding, denser than a mousse and always sinfully decadent!RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-chocolate-pots-de-creme/
Posted by Chop Secrets on Tuesday, May 28, 2019