Eggplant Potato Tomato Stew
Eggplant Potato Tomato Stew recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 medium yukon potatoes
- 2 medium eggplants, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste, divided
- ¾ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 15 oz chickpeas (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 3 medium beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ cups low sodium vegetable broth (360 mL)
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- With a sharp knife, score a ring around each potato, just deep enough to break the skin. Place the potatoes in a medium pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 8 minutes, until about halfway cooked.
- Drain the potatoes, and rinse with cold water. Peel off the skin.
- Cut the potatoes into ½-inch (1 cm) pieces and set aside.
- Divide the eggplant and bell peppers between 2 baking sheets and spread in an even layer. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss with your hands to coat.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until semi-translucent.
- Add the tomato paste and stir until well distributed, then add the garlic, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes, chickpeas, and tomatoes, and stir to incorporate.
- Stir in the vegetable broth and cover. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the roasted eggplant and bell pepper, and stir to combine. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the tomatoes have mostly broken down.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with parsley, and serve. Or, transfer the stew to resealable containers and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
Watch the recipe video here:
Warm up with this delicious aubergine potato tomato stew ?RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/eggplant-potato-tomato-stew
Posted by Proper Tasty on Thursday, February 28, 2019