Instant Pot One Pot Chili and Cornbread
This kind of depth of flavor usually takes hours on the stove.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 8.5-oz packages Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (https://amzn.to/2QVV3rw)
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs ground beef (preferably 93% lean)
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 oz package chili seasoning (we love William’s https://amzn.to/2zpnasx)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped (optional)
- Shredded cheese for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, stir cornbread mix, eggs and milk until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Coat the inside of a 6-cup bundt pan with non-stick spray and spoon batter into pan. Set aside. (This is a great bundt pan for the Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/2MT2ZH2)
- Using the display panel select the SAUTE function on the Instant Pot. Add ground beef and brown until no pink remains.
- Add drained and rinsed beans, undrained tomatoes, and chili seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Insert a tall steam rack or riser into the pot. (We like these: https://amzn.to/2Nwndvk)
- Carefully lower the bundt pan onto the riser using a foil sling. The bottom of the pan should not be in contact with the chili mixture. Cover the cornbread loosely with foil–do not seal.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the cornbread from the pot using the foil sling and allow to rest for 5 minutes, then gently loosen with a small spatula and invert onto a serving plate.
- Stir chopped fresh spinach into chili just before serving (optional).
- Serve chili and cornbread hot. Garnish chili with cheese if desired.
Watch the recipe video here:
This kind of depth of flavor usually takes hours on the stove.RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-one-pot-chili-and-cornbread/