French Toast Muffins
Think of your favorite breakfast dish and then think of that in muffin form! French Toast Muffins. Yep, I said it. These babies satisfy that sweet craving you might get in the mornings and fill you up at the same time! I seriously don’t know anyone who would turn these down! They were gone in no time!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 CUP Whole milk
- ¼ CUP Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Kosher sea salt
- 7 CUPS Dried cubed bread
- ⅓ All-purpose flour
- ¼ CUP Brown sugar
- ½ Ground cinnamon
- ¼ CUP Unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the cubed bread into the mixture, toss gently to combine.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Scoop a ⅓ cup of the mixture into each well.
- Meanwhile, to make the topping, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender or your fingers, break the butter into small pea-size clumps.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the tops of the muffins.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing and serving.