Oreo Rice Krispies Treats
I know it’s pretty common to try different styles of rice crispy treats, but this is the first time I’ve ever heard of making them with Oreos! As soon as I found this recipe, I knew I had to try it!! Any Oreo lover out there can appreciate the crispy goodness of these bad boys. These are perfect to whip up before a last minute party!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 CUPS Rice Krispie Cereal
- 20 Regular Oreos, chopped
- 5 CUPS Mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, pour measured Rice Krispie Cereal.
- Chop and mash Oreos.
- You want the Oreos to be a variety of sizes from chunky to finely crushed.
- Add Oreos to Rice Krispy cereal and stir to combine.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat butter and marshmallows together over medium heat, stirring constantly, until they melt together.
- Pour melted marshmallows over cereal and oreos and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all the ingredients.
- As soon as all the cereal is combined, spread mixture into the prepared 9×13″ dish. Use the spatula to press the mixture around the dish, and flatten as needed.
- Let sit until completely cooled.
- Sprinkles some fun colored sprinkles on top.