Enjoy Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake All Year Round
Two things are for sure everybody loves turtles and everybody loves poke cakes! Obviously I had to put these together!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 package chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients listed on the box.
- 12 ounces caramel sauce
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup pecan pieces
- 1 tub(16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, and bake in 9 x 13 pan. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, make small holes all over the surface of the cake. Pour 8 ounces of the caramel ice cream topping over the cake, spreading to cover. Let sit until cooled.
- Mix 4 oz of caramel with the chocolate icing.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drizzle with the remaining caramel sauce, and sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips and pecans.