Instant Pot Roasted Garlic Hummus
Only simple, natural ingredients are needed.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
Roasted Garlic Mixture:
- 1 medium head of garlic, top sliced off so all bulbs are exposed
- (you can make up to 6 heads at once and keep the excess for other uses)
- 1 tbsp olive oil per head of garlic
- 1 cup water
Chickpea Pot Mixture:
- 16 oz dry chickpeas, soaked at least 8 hours (preferably overnight), strained and rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-7 cloves roasted garlic
- ½ cup tahini paste
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup water (more as needed)
- Additional olive oil and cumin for garnish
- Vegetables and/or pita bread for dipping
- Pour one cup of water in the Instant Pot and insert the steam rack. Place the garlic head(s) on the steam rack, sliced side up. Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- buttons and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the steam rack and discard the water. Place garlic head(s) in a foil-lined pan, drizzle with olive oil and roast 5-10 minutes in a 450-degree oven until golden brown.
- Allow the garlic to cool, then squeeze bulbs from the head. (Refrigerate any extra in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
- Meanwhile, add Chickpea Pot Mixture ingredients to the pot.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Transfer chickpeas to a large-capacity blender or food processor. Add the Seasoning Mixture ingredients.
- Blend or process for 30 seconds or until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. If needed, add additional water ¼ cup at a time to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve drizzled with additional olive oil and cumin alongside vegetables and/or pita bread for dipping.
- Yields 4-5 cups of hummus. Makes a cute gift to fill 4-5 8 oz or 3-4 10 oz mason jars (like these: https://amzn.to/2xBs1p8)
- Refrigerate any excess up to 5 days or freeze in 1 cup portions covered with a thin layer of olive oil.
Watch the recipe video here:
Only simple, natural ingredients are needed.RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-roasted-garlic-hummus/